|Visiting Camden Clark
Are you visiting a loved one at Camden Clark? Here’s a guide to what you need to know before you come to our facility.
Visiting a Patient
Our visiting hours are:
- General Patient 10:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- ACU and CCU 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (For immediate family, significant other, or clergy only at nurse's discretion).
- Special Delivery Unit 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Father/significant other may visit anytime.)
St. Joseph's Campus
Family members and friends are welcome to visit during specific visiting hours. If you need additional information, check with the nurse on the unit. Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- General Patient 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Calling a Patient
- You may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, except the designated smoking area outside of the building.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Adults or children with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- You should avoid unnecessary noise.
- You may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors should be limited to two at a time, except in extenuating services.
Telephones are provided in each room. Patients may receive calls in their room from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Friends and family members can dial a patient’s room directly by dialing 424 and the four digits found on the name plaque above the patient’s bed.
Valet parking is available for a $3 fee Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. There’s no parking after 4:00 p.m. Valet parking is closed on holidays. Call extension 2021 from within the hospital for assistance.
Local calls may be made at any time from the room by dialing “9” and the number. Long-distance calls cannot be charged to the room. You may use a telephone calling card or dial the operator who will connect you to the service provider of your choice to make a collect call. Call the hospital operator by dialing “0” at any time for assistance.
Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the Emergency Department, Endoscopy, Same Day Care, Special Delivery Unit and the Main Lobby. During certain hours, a guest relations representative is on duty in the Surgery Waiting Room to keep family members informed about the progress of the surgery.
Gift Shop Hours
|Monday through Thursday
|8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to make sure your gift is appropriate. On critical care units, check first regarding any gifts for patients.
Mail and Flowers
Hospital volunteers deliver mail and flowers to patient rooms. Mail received for patients after discharge will be forwarded to their home. Flower arrangements are also available for purchase in the Main Lobby in the flower vending machine.
Newspapers, Books and Magazines
Newspapers are on sale at the main hospital entrance. Magazines may be purchased in the gift shop and books are available through the Hospital Auxiliary. Used paperback books are available by calling (304) 424-2345.
For your convenience, an ATM is located off the Main Lobby.
On special occasions, guests may receive meals in patient rooms. Husbands of maternity patients may join their wives for lunch or dinner.
A nondenominational chapel is always open to patients, visitors and staff.
Cafeteria and Snack Vending Center
The Camden Clark cafeteria is located on the ground floor in the South Tower and is open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. A snack vending center, offering a variety of bottled beverages, sandwiches and snack items, is located in the North Tower lobby.
|Main Hospital Operator
Lost and Found
Spiritual Support Services